We use our best endeavours to provide the highest standards of property management available, complemented by the best surveying and accounting expertise. Our continued investment in computer technology ensure we are able to produce accurate and comprehensive data without delay.The following is a schedule of management services, all of which are included in the management fee:
Section 1 - General Management
- General advice on the Property, reports on current matters, attendance at meetings as reasonably required.
- Advice on legislation and policy affecting the property.
- Where the client has a leasehold, contractual or statutory regular and recurring obligation, to arrange for compliance with the obligation on the Client's behalf.
- Maintenance of property records of all relevant matters and significant events affecting the Property.
- Supervision of the Property, checking compliance with lease covenants, generally reporting on matters requiring decisions, inter alia, applications to assign, sub-let or alter the property, liaising with solicitors and any other advisers.
- General liaison with other relevant parties including the fostering of good landlord and tenant relationships.
- Carry out (periodic) property inspections. Reporting, as and when necessary, on state of repair, decoration, following up any matters that may arise and in the case of formal notices instructing the Client's solicitors to serve them and liaising with appropriate advisers thereon.
- Dealing with day to day maintenance matters and minor redecoration works of communal areas and paying outgoings.
- Bringing to the Client's attention any relevant matters concerning property insurance including inter alia, the need to prepare valuations, renew policies, revise cover or notify any claims or potential claims.
Section 2 - Rent Collection, Financial and Accounting
- Collection of ground rents, service charges and other property income including interest where appropriate. Liaison with clients and solicitors on collection of arrears.
- Management of funds and held in specially designated accounts and remission on a regular basis in accordance with agreed written arrangements.
- Preparation of quarterly income and expenditure reports together with budget compliance accounts.
- Providing information regarding VAT collected and paid and keeping in proper form all records in respect of VAT, where applicable.
- Identifying and paying out of the Client's funds all outgoings properly incurred on the Client's behalf in respect of suppliers, insurers, statutory undertakers, contractors, staff and consultants properly engaged for the purpose of providing the day to day Management Services.
Section 3 - Management of Service Charge
- Arrange for provision and regular reviews of all services to comply with landlord's covenants and other obligations, statutory or otherwise, and use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that all landlord's obligations to tenants or superior landlords are fulfilled.
- Arrange the appropriate testing and inspection of mechanical and electrical installations such as lifts, pumps, fire alarm, sprinkler and associated fire prevention equipment.
- When necessary, at the Client's expense and subject to confirmation of instructions by the Client, to instruct specialist consultants (mechanical and electrical engineers, structural engineers, architects, building surveyors, etc.). Liaise with such consultants and where necessary, implement their recommendations. Fees and expenses to be recovered through the service charge if applicable, and if not to be paid by the Client.
- Place appropriate contracts in accordance with the Client's lease obligations to the tenants. Review these contracts and obtain competitive tenders, as appropriate.
- Administering the service charge including calculation and apportionment of sums to be collected from the tenants.
- Authorising invoices and payment of all outgoings.
- Preparing annual (or more often where necessary) budget costs and statements of income and expenditure for future periods.
- Arranging, as necessary, the preparation of and the audit of the service charge account and the preparation of service charge certificates. Credit or demand excess sums as appropriate.
Out of Hours Service
With ‘Your Sweet Home’ you will never have to deal with a call centre. Should you ring our out of hours emergency number, you will be answered by an on-call property manager who will have the experience and knowledge to be able to deal with the particular problem. This service operates 24/7 and 365 days a year.